Why am I getting the message process com.android.mms stopped working, process com.android.settings stopped working.?

nain tara

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
process com.android.mms stopped working, process com.android.settings stopped working.

I have HTC desire mobile. Suddenly after three years of use, messaging app stopped working giving the notification "process com.android.mms stopped working" also mobile network is not working giving the notification "process com.android.settings stopped working". I have done the factory reset on mobile and have also cleared caches and apps. But still I am getting the error. Please if u know any other solution, then tell me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: process com.android.mms stopped working, process com.android.settings stopped working.

Welcome to Android Central! After the factory reset, did you install any of your previous 3rd party apps? See what happens if the phone only has its system and preinstalled apps. If it still causing problems, then try unmounting the SD (if present--in Settings>Storage), and removing it. A corrupt card can cause various issues.

If the problem still persists, then it might be a hardware issue--perhaps a failing memory chip. Probably not much you can do about that. It would probably make more sense to get a new phone, rather than pay for repairs.

nain tara

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
No, I did not install any previous apps or any other apps. I unmounted the SD card. But the problem still persists.

As soon as the problem occurred,i removed my SD card. and inserted it in another mobile. But now after 2 weeks, that SD card is suddenly not working, without giving any error.

Before the whole problem began, I partitioned my SD card by using the app "DATA 2 SD" successfully. Then, I deleted the partition. and there was no problem. But 2 days later, error notification started displaying.
So, do you think I corrupted my SD card due to partitioning and that corrupted SD card caused all the problems without giving me any notification that SD card is corrupted.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It probably has to do with what you did to the SD, but I don't know enough about that app to say for sure. But it certainly seems clear that the SD is malfunctioning or corrupt. If you insert a new SD, without doing that kind of modification, does the phone work normally again?

nain tara

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
No,it does not work normally again. I tried it by inserting another SD card and then without any SD card but it keeps giving error notification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy