Phone Stuck On Setup Screen; Tried Resetting & Cache Wipe

tosinwashere

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
I just used Kies to come out of a horribly persistent bootloop. When I turn it on, though, it stays at the setup screen. Where you're asked to select your language and all that.

I can rotate the screen for a couple of seconds, and/or use my rocker to adjust the volume and see it on the screen, and can see some messages from my carrier, but can't select anything. Then it freezes completely, in whatever orientation and with the volume bar.

I've taken the battery out and put it back in, factory reset and deleted cache. It still turns on and gets stuck. I don't know what to do.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
What model phone/varrier/version Android?

It almost sounds as if you loaded an incorrect version of the firmware...

tosinwashere

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Okay, I deleted /system and then tried flashing stock ROM. Still stuck on setup screen.
I don't know what else I can do. If it is an incorrect version of the firmware (even though I used Kies) how will I know which version to use? I'm downloading an earlier version now to see if that will help.

tosinwashere

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site
Solved! There were three updates available for my region. I tried the latest and it was still stuck, then tried the earliest and it gave me a funny white screen that scared me for a bit. The middle one was just right :)