How can you find out if someone has put a "stalker" app on my phone?

db_12

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Lately my LG Optimus on the Straight Talk network has been doing all sorts of weird things. (Ex. flashing, closing a text message when i open it, contacts not receiving text messages i send, noises and flashing screen during calls, phone cutting off for no apparent reason whatsoever etc.) I have also seen, twice, apps on my home screen, different apps both times, one was 'DU Booster' with the android icon and the other was a Straight Talk icon that said 'Data Settings'. Both times I immediately long pressed and hit Uninstall and each time it stated that neither app was in my apps. Then when I was about to go to my settings/apps to check it out, they both just disappeared. Can anybody help me with this? And if so, besides just getting my device back to normal, can I trace this somehow to the person that's doing it, if it is someone remotely viewing my phones details.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Re: How can you find out if someone has put a "stalker" app on my phone?

DU Booster is a seriously bogus app. Pretty much all so-called 'booster/optimizer' apps are bogus, but some are worse than others and DU Booster is particularly evil. It's the cause of your problems.

I don't often recommend doing a factory reset but to be sure you get rid of all the gremlins, I would do a reset in this case.

And don't install *any* speed boosters, memory/RAM optimizers or other miracle snake oil apps again!

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Lately my LG Optimus on the Straight Talk network has been doing all sorts of weird things. (Ex. flashing, closing a text message when i open it, contacts not receiving text messages i send, noises and flashing screen during calls, phone cutting off for no apparent reason whatsoever etc.) I have also seen, twice, apps on my home screen, different apps both times, one was 'DU Booster' with the android icon and the other was a Straight Talk icon that said 'Data Settings'. Both times I immediately long pressed and hit Uninstall and each time it stated that neither app was in my apps. Then when I was about to go to my settings/apps to check it out, they both just disappeared. Can anybody help me with this? And if so, besides just getting my device back to normal, can I trace this somehow to the person that's doing it, if it is someone remotely viewing my phones details.

I got halfway through your post and thought of the same thing Crashdamage said.

A reset is probably the only way to get rid of everything. As for your apps, I would re add them slowly, 2-3 at a time for a day or two.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Also avoid any app that "cleans RAM". "Cleaning RAM" is another way of saying "I don't know anything about Android, but I figured out how to make an app." Android doesn't want clean RAM, it wants as much RAM used as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci