upgrading sd cards, what to do first?

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my 16 gb card today. Before I switch my old one out, is there anything special I need to do first? I know I need to move whatever pictures and music I have on it, but what about apps that's installed on the card and clockwork mod? Or will the apps create whatever files and folders necessary?

Sent from my evo via tapatalk

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
The apps may not copy properly (because of copyright stuff), so you may need to move those to the internal memory. Other than that, just copy and paste everything you see when you open up the SD card. Just make sure you make a backup to your computer first.

Reactions: charlie hustle

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I am getting my 16 gb card today. Before I switch my old one out, is there anything special I need to do first? I know I need to move whatever pictures and music I have on it, but what about apps that's installed on the card and clockwork mod? Or will the apps create whatever files and folders necessary?

Sent from my evo via tapatalk

If its a brand new card make sure you format it on your phone first not the computer

Reactions: charlie hustle

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Well, of course im going to format it. Just wanted to be sure i dont have to go through a ton of labor with configuring and stuff. Thx.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
The card issue was easier than i thought. It was already formatted fat32, so all i had to do was just move all my folders and files over, and thats all. I didnt have to worry about the apps or anything. too easy.

Reactions: DroidXcon

truslide

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
You should have partitioned your SD card. You could have downloaded apps to your SD card instead of your phone and kept space free on your phone. You still could partition the old one.

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
You should have partitioned your SD card. You could have downloaded apps to your SD card instead of your phone and kept space free on your phone. You still could partition the old one.

As a matter of fact, i could partition the new one. How do i do this?? I still have like 12gb of space left... And on my phone i have only like 85mb left.

While im at it. What will happen to my apps thats stored on the phone already???

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa