Asus MeMoPad 7 ME176CX showing black screen

AidenSurvival

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks. I thought I'd boot into recovery mode to flush the cache on this device. Unfortunately a recovery couldn't be found.

So when I do a power down, the device shows a black screen and makes no progress what-so-ever.

I've tried holding down the power button for a few seconds, tried holding volume down + power button, and get nothing.

Do I let the battery die and try again?

Here's an image.

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• IMG_20150218_224440.jpg
    IMG_20150218_224440.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 7

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I'm not entirely clear on the issue. You were hoping to get to Recovery Mode, but it isn't possible on your device (which is common on Asus devices that aren't Nexus 7's). What I don't understand is the next line--when you power down, the device shows a black screen. If you power down, it should turn off anyway--are you saying it shuts down, and then you can't power back on?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if there's something wrong with the power button. Try holding it down for at least 10-15 seconds (which is a pretty long time, if you actually time it).

Nicole Tootell

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Mines doing the same thing, I only got it 3 days ago for my birthday it told me I had to system update so I did and now the screens turned on but completely black and nothings happening when I press the power button , so I let it die and plugged my charger in and its still showing the same black screen .-. really rather disappointed because it was a birthday present off my dad