Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default My Droid just loves to soft reset itself! (Problem solved, please lock)

It's done so about 5 times in the 45 minutes. This only started happening after one of my app's recent updates. Also, whenever I scan it with a virus scanner it restarts.

Anyone have the same problem? Help?

I updated four apps at the same time but I currently only remember 2.

Draw and Gdocs.

Edit: Uninstalled Draw and it still reset. Will uninstall Gdocs.

Edit 2: Oh yeah, I also updated Truth or Dare. Uninstalled. Didn't help. I should also note that I am running Home++, very buggy. Constantly force closes. Perhaps its causing the restarting problem.
    Last edited by CyD13; 12-31-2009 at 05:57 PM.

It's the Antivirus Free 1.6.7 - it is seriously FUBAR'd. Uninstall that and you will be fine again.

All of us have had that problem today.

Phil.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by pbrennan42 View Post
    It's the Antivirus Free 1.6.7 - it is seriously FUBAR'd. Uninstall that and you will be fine again.

All of us have had that problem today.

Phil.
    Ha. That was the last item updated. Thanks. I suppose this topic can be locked now.

Edit: Wow. It just reset itself again. After I uninstalled anti-virus thing. I'm going to hard reset. It was working for a while.

Edit: Ran a virus scan with Lookout, everything clear.

Edit 2: It seems to be working. Lock thread please.
    Last edited by CyD13; 12-31-2009 at 05:58 PM.

I was having the same issue, so I too uninstalled the antivirus software. So far, so good.