MyTouch 4G or G2?

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Should I get the myTouch 4G or the G2? The front facing camera on the myTouch is a major plus for me, but the keyboard on the G2 is something i would like as well. I already own a Nexus One, so I'm not sure if I need another stock phone, but I do like stock a lot so I'm not sure if I will enjoy the slightly altered Sense UI on the myTouch. I ported the myTouch rom onto my Nexus at one point and did enjoy it though, and I know it will be better on the actual phone so I dont know. Also, I know the G2 will get updates quicker since its stock, but I don't know if that matters since i'll still have my Nexus which should be getting 2.3 soon (cant wait!). I like the design of the G2 more then the myTouch design. Both phones have Wi-Fi calling and HSPA+ speeds, which is major for me, but doesn't matter since they both have it. Another thing is the G2 seems to be smoother then the myTouch. I hate when phones lag or just are not smooth, so that definitely matters. Also, it seems like there is a lot of bloatware on the myTouch, is this true? I dont really like the bloatware but that isnt necessarily a deal-breaker for me, I can live with it. Price difference does not matter to me either. And also I plan on keeping my Nexus One because I love it and it is a great phone, so keep in mind that I will most likely use my Nexus along with the G2 or myTouch, depending on which I get. So which one should I get? The stock, physical keyboard, G2? Or the front-camera, slightly altered Sense UI, myTouch 4G?

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
First of all the G2 is NOT actual stock android, there is HTC business all up in there, its just you cant see it. So you will NOT get updates fast like the N1 or NS.

Id get the G2 because i like the keyboard, custom rom developer support, and i dont even use my FFC on my evo ever. (I'd trade my Evo for a G2, which im going to do in january when sprint gets their version of the G2. :D)

As for the MT4G, its an AWESOME phone also and niether of these phones lag. Regarding bloat, the MT4G has more than the G2 but you can root and get rid of it if youre up too it.

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
@igotsanevo4g thats a good point about the stock issue. I don't think updates matter too much for me as long as it'll get 2.3, which I'm sure both will. Even though the G2 might not completely be stock, it still looks like stock. I'm just not sure if I need another stock phone, to me it'll be like a Nexus with a keyboard. I kinda want to try something different. And true I probably wont use the FFC that much, but when/if I use it (depending on if I get the myTouch), it'll be awesome. :)

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Ended up going with the myTouch 4G guys. I am loving it and have no regrets of getting it. Thanks for the help you guys gave me!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Ended up going with the myTouch 4G guys. I am loving it and have no regrets of getting it. Thanks for the help you guys gave me!

Hey happy holidays :) congrats on the phone, the best choice is always the one that you are happy with , so great job and let us know if you ever need help

natehoch96

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I would have went with G2, it will get Froyo faster and it has no genius garbage on it.

Sent from my Nexus S

I do hate the genius button I will say that, but I'm pretty satisfied with the myTouch 4G. My brother got the G2 and I used it for a little, it felt like a Nexus One with a keyboard. With the myTouch 4G though, people were always saying how I wont use the front-camera that much, but I have and I am loving it. :)

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I would have went with G2, it will get Froyo faster and it has no genius garbage on it.

Sent from my Nexus S

You're going to be waiting forever and a day for either the G2 or the MT4G to get GB (assume that's what you meant). Thank the WiFi calling app for that one. First, Google has to finish it, then HTC has to build it, then T-Mo has to rape it, then it gets sent off to make WiFi calling work.

My money says July '11.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63