Can I get some help understanding the Compatibility between SDXC UHS-I Card and my LG Lucid 3 VS876?

charliew410

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Noob Needs help understanding Compatibility between SDXC UHS-I Card and my LG Lucid 3 VS876

I bought the card in a hurry and was dumb enough to forget that it has to be compatible with my device. Which is scarcely mentioned in any forums. Here is the cards compatibility stats:
About Compatibility

SDXC, SDHC, SD Memory cards and Host Device Compatibility

* SDXC Backwards Compatibility Configuration
* SDXC memory cards can be used only with SDXC host products.
* SDXC host products can use SD, SDHC and SDXC memory cards.
* SDHC memory cards can be used with SDHC and SDXC host products.
* SDHC host products can use both SD and SDHC memory cards.
Backwards capability is a standard, for example a data format in electronics such as video cameras and computers.
A device is backwards compatible if products designed for the new standard can receive, read, view or play older standards and formats. Will this be compatible with the Lucid 3? Compatibility question
~~solved ~~
Found 3 user reviews and one store that one feature was the compatibility between the SDXC UHS 1 and the Lucid 3.

Next, Should I format this fast 30MBs, high capacity card and do we still need the 3 partitions in android since API 19? If so, what size to make partitions and what formats on a 64 GB card?

Last edited:

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Noob Needs help understanding Compatibility between SDXC UHS-I Card and my LG Lucid 3 VS876

As long as the phone doesn't take 4k video, a U1 (or Class 10) card is compatible with it. (Even a Class 2 card is 'compatible' with it, it's just so slow that normal HD video will probably stutter.)

If the card is formatted as FAT32, and you won't be writing any files larger than 4GB, you can leave it. If it's formatted exFAT you can leave it. If it's partitioned FAT32, and you might want to store files larger than 4GB, format it as exFAT.

You don't need any additional partitions on the SD card if you're just going to store data on it (the card comes with one partition of the entire card). If you're using it for some purpose that needs partitions, you'll need to partition it.

(Compatibility is a lot simpler than the chart you posted - if the device says "up to 32GB", it doesn't support 64GB cards. Just look at the card size and the maximum size the device will support. That will include the type, so you don't have to remember types.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37