Can't Remove Device Administrator

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm new to Android (LG Optimus S) so maybe I'm missing something but I downloaded a lock screen widget today - http://www.appbrain.com/app/lock-screen-widget/com.droidmania.lockscreenwidget
and I can't uninstall it to save my life. I am not totally ignorant, I read the special instructions to remove the widget as a device administrator and tried that first but it just lets me select Deactivate but does not actually deactive, it stays as an administrator no matter what I do, so then the app won't uninstall.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.appbrain.com/app/lock-screen-widget/com.droidmania.lockscreenwidget

Last edited:

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
I've tried it with my N1 and it uninstalled fine. A couple of things to try. Have you removed the widget from the home screen? If the widget is active, it may not remove as device admin.

You can also go into the application manager and see if ti is running. I suspect that it wouldn't be, but it's worth a check. If the button 'Force stop' is not grayed out try hitting that.

Beyond this, you should email the dev (contact on the market page) or wait until someone more familiar with device admin responds here.

heatherfl

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I first removed the widget, then went to try to remove it from the device admin and couldn't, so I did do a force stop and tried again to no avail. I rebooted, reinstalled, etc etc and it would never let me remove it as device admin. I ended up saying to heck with it after an hour and did a factory data reset because I haven't had the phone that long and could get it back to where I had it easily enough. I will email the dev though...but I notice on their own web site that that particular toggle is not even listed anymore....hmmm. Thanks for your help! The reviews were mixed, I thought the people who cried "Don't download it - won't uninstall" just didn't follow directions lol.

c4manceph

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Same problem here on Optimus S. For whatever reason it is impossible to remove it as a device administrator and therefor it cannot be uninstalled. I have four of these devices with the same situation. I ultimately preformed a factory reset on one of the devices to remove it. The rest of the family left it on their device because they didn't want the hassle.

highhacker

Apr 5, 2011
Visit site
same problem with the program "seal" from sebastianapps com .. once you try it and it installs the administrator to prevent uninstalling it really wont uninstall then . this app sucks in trial mode and the fact that it wont uninstall on the Lg optimus V really sucks because the app takes up some major space . i see no way but wipe the phone completly but that may not even get rid of it .

pollostar

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When we install something by internet that time with the installation files some security files also download and these files not easily deleted so for deleting these files need a Technical Support and need a quick format.

rack hack

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Solution found for this issue..

Please visit the given link below,

resultsmala dotcom /cant-remove-device-administrator-fixed-android-jellybean-and-kitkat/

Excellent and working well for me...

mail to him about ur problem if not cleared via the given link

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central, and thanks for trying to help, but this is a 4 year old thread that was presumably dealing with Froyo or Gingerbread!:)

Dad of batman

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
Solution found for this issue..

Please visit the given link below,

resultsmala dotcom /cant-remove-device-administrator-fixed-android-jellybean-and-kitkat/

Excellent and working well for me...

mail to him about ur problem if not cleared via the given link

Thanx.It Worked for me...this was a sucking app.rated it one star.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
HERE's the link as cached by Internet Archive. Whether it helps or not, I have no idea.

If that doesn't work, start your phone in Safe mode. Since I don't know what phone you have, search Google for how to do this. Once in Safe mode, see if you can deactivate Admin for whatever app you're trying to uninstall and try to uninstall again.

Jan de Vries

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
just turn into safe mode and everything will be OK :cool:
it worked for me.

Booting in safe mode didn't make a difference for me.
I'm using the ACDisplay app and can't remove it. When I try to revoke the rights using the device administrator window, the settings app crashes. Also in safe mode. I still haven't found a way to solve this.

zombiekiller 20

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello my name is Austin George i am an android expert you have what i call and uninstall error. this happens when your phone thinks the app is still admin even though you g to turn it off you may click deactivate but it will glitch out. this can be solved by going into safe mode. to go into safe mode hold the power button down like you would but instead press the volume button down at the same time then let go of the power button make sure you are pressing both volume keys at the same time. then once in safe mode locate the settings widget. click on it. the go to security tab and click on it. then go to where the device administrator is. then click the check mark. if this does not work i advise to activate factory reset or you have a virus there for factory rest is necessary. also be cautious a reset may not get rid of a virus. if it does not get rid of it download a virus protector. i hope this helps if not ask any questions.:)

Umbya

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
Hello my name is Austin George i am an android expert you have what i call and uninstall error. this happens when your phone thinks the app is still admin even though you g to turn it off you may click deactivate but it will glitch out. this can be solved by going into safe mode. to go into safe mode hold the power button down like you would but instead press the volume button down at the same time then let go of the power button make sure you are pressing both volume keys at the same time. then once in safe mode locate the settings widget. click on it. the go to security tab and click on it. then go to where the device administrator is. then click the check mark. if this does not work i advise to activate factory reset or you have a virus there for factory rest is necessary. also be cautious a reset may not get rid of a virus. if it does not get rid of it download a virus protector. i hope this helps if not ask any questions.:)

Thanks Mr Austine,
well I don't believe abt "mobile antiviruses" I think there isn't any mobile antivirus that real kills viruses from mobile phones! Can you pls educate me about this? and if they real exists pls suggest some perfect android antiviruses.
Thanks in advance.

Ryan Klebe

Nov 28, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem with a superuser application so I went to the app and unchecked all of the active features and VIOLA it deactivated and uninstalled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech