1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock

Default Can't Remove Device Administrator

I'm new to Android (LG Optimus S) so maybe I'm missing something but I downloaded a lock screen widget today -
    and I can't uninstall it to save my life. I am not totally ignorant, I read the special instructions to remove the widget as a device administrator and tried that first but it just lets me select Deactivate but does not actually deactive, it stays as an administrator no matter what I do, so then the app won't uninstall.

Any advice is much appreciated! Thanks!

Last edited by heatherfl; 12-22-2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Forgot Link to App

I've tried it with my N1 and it uninstalled fine. A couple of things to try. Have you removed the widget from the home screen? If the widget is active, it may not remove as device admin.

You can also go into the application manager and see if ti is running. I suspect that it wouldn't be, but it's worth a check. If the button 'Force stop' is not grayed out try hitting that.

Beyond this, you should email the dev (contact on the market page) or wait until someone more familiar with device admin responds here.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

ROM
    Stock

Yes, I first removed the widget, then went to try to remove it from the device admin and couldn't, so I did do a force stop and tried again to no avail. I rebooted, reinstalled, etc etc and it would never let me remove it as device admin. I ended up saying to heck with it after an hour and did a factory data reset because I haven't had the phone that long and could get it back to where I had it easily enough. I will email the dev though...but I notice on their own web site that that particular toggle is not even listed anymore....hmmm. Thanks for your help! The reviews were mixed, I thought the people who cried "Don't download it - won't uninstall" just didn't follow directions lol.

ROM
    Stock (For Now)

Same problem here on Optimus S. For whatever reason it is impossible to remove it as a device administrator and therefor it cannot be uninstalled. I have four of these devices with the same situation. I ultimately preformed a factory reset on one of the devices to remove it. The rest of the family left it on their device because they didn't want the hassle.

Default Re: Can't Remove Device Administrator

same problem with the program "seal" from sebastianapps com .. once you try it and it installs the administrator to prevent uninstalling it really wont uninstall then . this app sucks in trial mode and the fact that it wont uninstall on the Lg optimus V really sucks because the app takes up some major space . i see no way but wipe the phone completly but that may not even get rid of it .

Thumbs up Re: Can't Remove Device Administrator

When we install something by internet that time with the installation files some security files also download and these files not easily deleted so for deleting these files need a and need a quick format.