New to android

nastypc

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have a MID-PC Tablet, WOWpad, Superpad, Or Flytouch II (Ipad wanna be) which has Android 2.1 Operating System installed (DEB-R2.1.1170 firmware)

The issue with my tablet, it wont complete final boot phase.

This is what I did:

Rooted device,

Downloaded homeswitcher and launcherpro, installed both. Run homeswithcher, and selected new launcher (launcherpro, set as default, very nice.)

Run rootexplorer, browse to /system/app/ selected button at top that states "mount as r/w" Longpress the WOWhome.apk, I renamed it. Everything was great until I restarted the device.

Back to tablet wont complete final boot phase. (gets past green screen, just keeps on the sun or horizon screen, probably do to the fact it cannot find wowhome.apk.

Is there a way to get into the device, /system/app/ similar to windows (dos prompt) prior to the device trying load its OS or in this case the wowhome.apk so I can rename it back to original state manually or via pc-connection mode?

I could probable re-flash the device but just wandering if it is possible to access a device before the boot phase to manually edit the file structure (rename file back to original name):eek:

Thank you.