Opening Excel Attachments

Snipperdo17

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
How do I get emails to open attachments that use excel? I downloaded docs to go but when I open the email and try to open the attachment, it says the attachment can't be displayed. It works very nicely on my Storm2, but I switch back and forth with the droid and need to be able to open the docs with the droid as well. Thanks for any information!

Last edited by a moderator:

tealturboser

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
What kind of email account is it? Exchange? if so it might be the SSL settings, try changing them around. Also I was having problems with docstogo in general with opening files so i uninstalled and used the default

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Were you using the paid or free version of Docs to Go? I have the paid version and I'm able to open Excel documents just fine. Having said that, I am also using Touchdown as my email client.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I use yahoo mail and it is the free version, but isn't that supposed to be able to open them?

Can you clarify how you're accessing your email? Are you accessing it through the web browser on the phone, or have you configured the Droid mail client to pull down your mail locally. If it's the latter, you should be able to download emails with attached spreadsheets and open them with Docs2Go without any issues, unless they are saved with a bunch of advanced macros or formatting that Docs2Go can't handle,

Snipperdo17

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I am not accessing it through the web browser. It is configured to pull my mail. The docs are definitely not advanced it any way. And I am not trying to edit them just need to be able to open them. I just tried it again and it said fetching attachment null with the loading thing on the screen and then it says the attachment cannot be displayed.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I am not accessing it through the web browser. It is configured to pull my mail. The docs are definitely not advanced it any way. And I am not trying to edit them just need to be able to open them. I just tried it again and it said fetching attachment null with the loading thing on the screen and then it says the attachment cannot be displayed.

I seem to remember having similar issues at times with the default mail app. As I mentioned before, I use Touchdown now (which only works with Exchange), and I never have any problems. Other people have used an email app called K-9 Mail and have had better success. You might try it out and see if it works any better.

blumelody

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Opening Attachments

Please tell me how to open word and excel documents that are sent to me via email (google and yahoo). I read online that I was to save and then open, but my document are still not opening. Please help!

zoggybottom

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if the paid version of DocsToGo also works on opening Excel, Word, PowerPoint attachments from standard e-mail app on Honeycomb tablets?

rterry66

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
how do you open them with doc2go? When I click on link, it just says that it isn't a website. If I start with doc2go it doesn't give me a way to find email.

Thanks,
Rick