[Q] Asus MeMoPad HD 7 ME173x Authentication problems when connecting to wifi?

wivane

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello AndroidCentral,

I am having some issues with 2 Asus MeMoPad HD 7's. The problem being that when I try to connect to WiFi i constantly get back "Authentication problems". I have 58 other Memopads that are connecting to the same WiFi just fine however these 2 pads keep giving me the same authentication errors. I have tried taking off the wireless password and they still do not connect. I also have tried connecting it to my phones Wireless Hotspot which works perfectly fine. Does anyone have any ideas as to what i can do to connect these 2 Memopads to the wifi.

Things i have tried:
Connecting to a wireless hotspot
Removing the password to the wireless
Flashed the memopad with a stock ROM
Factory reset the device
wiped the cache
wiped the dalvik cache
made sure i entered the correct wireless password

Is there anything else i can try?

Thanks,

Wivane

Edit: Sorry if this is in the wrong section, if it is can it be moved to the correct section by a moderator.
Edit 2: Please check out this thread on XDA Developers also. forum. xda-developers. com/memo-pad-7/help/asus-memopad-hd-7-me173x-authentication-t3056323#post59497688 Cannot post links due to not having 10 posts!

wivane

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Bumping for any help? Is anyone out there able to help me with this?

UPDATE FROM XDA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by muiriddin
You aren't running out of IP addresses being assigned are you? DHCP having X number of addresses in the pool and the problem memo pads being X+1 and X+2?

No, we havent run out of IP Addresses. We also tried to assign a static IP Address outside of the DHCP range and that didnt make any difference. Would you know of any other things we can try?

So there is a quick update and this is another request for help! We havent run out of IP Addresses and assigning a static IP Address does not help in the slightest.

Thanks for reading,

Wivane