1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Cool How do you get your Droid to send you reminder beeps that you got a text or a voicema

Sometimes, I dont heard my phone or am away when I get text or vm. How do you get the Droid to send you a reminder "beep" or something lets say 15 minutes later? I went to call setting/sound and I cannot figure it out.

SMS Unread Count is a widget that puts an icon on the desktop that has the number of unread SMS / MMS messages on it, but it is not an SMS client, and nor does it have timed alerts. If you search SMS on the Android Market you might find something more to your liking.

Some on here swear by Handcent SMS as an alternative SMS client to the bog standard one. I have no idea if it has "unread message" alerts like the ones which you describe, but might be worth looking into.

Phil.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Yes, reminders can be enabled in Handcent and can be configured based on the desired number and interval between each. Love Handcent.

I'm not sure what the answer is for your Voicemail issue.

Re voicemail: this is a rather drastic solution. But, here is my suggestion:

Switch to YouMail. Google it an read about it. Very well supported and app works sweet on Droid. Free. Offers all sorts of goodies and benefits - among other things - new voice mail reminders.

Re missed call reminder: I believe the app "missed call" does this. Besides offering contact defined LED light notification and a bunch of other stuff. Free.

I am also a YouMail person. Use it on my BB9000, and will also do so when I shortly make the jump to Android.
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Switch to YouMail. Google it an read about it. Very well supported and app works sweet on Droid. Free. Offers all sorts of goodies and benefits - among other things - new voice mail reminders.
    The 3 most recent reviews in the Market are concerning. Can you confirm if you have experienced any of these issues?:

1.) Does not play through handset speaker - only speakerphone speaker and bluetooth.

2.) Does not allow phone to go to sleep.

3.) Has trouble staying connected.