Is there somewhere I can buy a backup micro sd recovery?

Janette Brewer

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
microsd recovery

ok so I am a total noob here. I am just a mother of 3 trying to keep up with my kids popular wants/needs.....I must say android is not looking user friendly to me....this os is for techies only..not families!!!..I am P.O.!!!!..I have bought 4 android tablets, different brands. if anything happens you are just screwed...is there not somewhere I can simply buy a recovery android os sd card for my devices..any version that will work?
I do not see the point in paying to have it flashed when the same problem can simply present itself again. Again, not user friendly, too complicated to do this mess yourself..not everyone can spend their lives online learning all the new techno fizz.
If you are a parent and looking for something low maintenance for kids...stick to windows..LESSON LEARNED!!!! Android is gonna be boycotted in my household!!!...windows..you press microsoft fix it or update and you are fixed...you also have some manner of control over your device....android says better get it right or else!!! I want to cry. I cannot believe android got as big as it has...FMR!!!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: microsd recovery

iPhone - for people who don't want to do anything but use the phone.

Windows - for those who don't mind tapping a link to fix a problem.

Android - for those who want a pocket size Linux computer that has a phone in it.

Large families shouldn't buy 2-seater sports cars, right?

Now, then ...

If you have an SD card that's lost pictures on it, download PhotoRec. Put the SD card into a card reader and plug it into the computer. Read PhotoRec Step By Step. If those instructions aren't enough, post again and I'll try to help you further. If the picture is still on the card, and the computer can see the card, PhotoRec will recover it. (The mother of a 4 month old daughter just recovered over 300 pictures of the day her daughter was born, that disappeared off her card, by using PhotoRec and a little help. As a mother, you know what that means.)

But a Windows phone? Android is Linux. Linux is what Windows has been trying to be for 30 years. It's not there yet (hence the first Windows server - Windows NT [for Not There]). Not everyone would drive a Porsche with 4 on the floor, even if they weren't expensive. But for people who want control, you don't want a big boat with cushy shocks.

1) Back up any files you don't want to lose. That's a computer rule, not an Android rule. Even before Bill Gates got out of middle school, the industry knew that.

2) Flashing your tablet is a waste of time, but it's not difficult. (About a week ago I was fooling around, and had to flash my phone at least a dozen times due to stupid mistakes [and more times than that because the phone didn't do what I wanted it to do]. I must have wasted a whole hour that week.) Find the ROM for each tablet (it would have been easier if you had bought 4 of the same tablet), find the tool for each one, find simple flashing instructions (we have instructions for Samsungs at [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN) and you can flash a tablet in about 5-10 minutes. A bit scary the first time, boring by the 10th time.

Oh - if you mess up the operating system on a Windows phone, you'll have to reinstall Windows too. The same for iPhones. The same for your laptop, desktop, any computer. The difference is that you're comfortable with Windows. If you had been brought up on Linux, you'd be angry that Google doesn't sell the phone already rooted. Android without su? That's like a car without an engine. It's like Windows without a desktop. But I can open any folder in Android. Try that with the system folders on a Windows computer, like the shortcut to Application Data or Cookies.

To each, his or her own.

Janette Brewer

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

TY Rubkat,
I haven't lost anything personal. These tablets keep wanting to lose the OS? I have managed to simply tap and tinker they recover sometimes, this time a no go for the 2nd time. When I got the first 2 tablets, I had no clue I needed to make a backup, my laptop did it for me! I was trying to do a backup on this new one having learned from the first ones...only to discover you aren't allowed to back up the OS!!..I was so careful!! I researched what I was buying, made sure the devices allowed for expandable storage and whoo hoo! bought the new android OS...KIT KAT!!!! ..need I say more?...of course you don't find anything useful in sales research I am learning(I will now scour forums for product complaints and difficulties)
anhow...so then I went about trying to teach myself to root this thing so I could make a permanent sd OS backup should my kids do anything to their tablets(again)...oops!...now it factory resets everytime you power it off!!..everything else is working....my nerves are shot and its about time for a drink!!!...factory reset doesn't change a thing....cannot mount cache invalid arguement or something to that effect...then it reboots with no change..better than not turning on or a bootloop I suppose? HAHA!...but now I don't know where to start.???

Janette Brewer

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site

OK, I have taken a breath. Sent kiddos to bed so I can concentrate (steam rolling here)...
1. If 2 different brand tablets are both using the same KIT KAT version..can I use one to repair the other?..and how?..I looked up this Odin thing, only references samsung, neither are Samsung?

And sorry for the typo in the name there Rukbat. :-\

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000