Adb backup issue

sfmk2

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,

I had been on Android 5.0.1 and HATED it. It has so many issues with it that I decided to go back to 4.4.4 using fastboot.

I backed up my device using ADB beforehand, and then loaded the KitKat OS. Once I'd done I tried to restore my backup, and for some reason it won't let me because it's a different android version...

I used the command "adb backup -apk -shared -all -f c:\users\user\filename.ab" when backing up.

Has anyone got a way round this, or am I going to have to go back to 5.0.1, restore the backup, copy as much as I can to my computer without that backup method, then sideload back to 4.4.4 again? That's so long winded!

TY :)

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
It's likely that you need to restore 5.x and backup those apps with a utility, such as Titanium Backup. That'll be the easiest way.

sfmk2

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I've had to restore 5.0.1 just to get my backed up data back, all that to go back to 4.4.4 again...nightmare!

Is that app free? I've looked at one backup utility that looks like the d's b's..but it costs £30+ and I can't justify spending that.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech