Cant recieve calls

dkhuizenga

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
I recently installed youmail onto my captivate. When i get calls, i now recieve the error message: sim card removed. "Reboot phone."
I can make calls, so i know i do have the sim card installed properly.
Also, it could be related to running a custom rom, asstitine or somthing like that.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I recently installed youmail onto my captivate. When i get calls, i now recieve the error message: sim card removed. "Reboot phone."
I can make calls, so i know i do have the sim card installed properly.
Also, it could be related to running a custom rom, asstitine or somthing like that.

Yes it could be related, sometimes if you switch a rom you need to update the radio. I dont know alot about it but i know with that fascinate if you go from DI01 to DJ05 and dont update the radio/modem software you will get funny things going on

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
well, could i atleast go to the froyo 2.2 leak rom?

well i was thinking we try to get the phone working then you can move onto froyo leak,,, ok well if you want to go to stock and then go to froyo , look in my signature below it says "Some outstanding how to videos " follow that link and watch the video
How to use ODIN 1 CLICK DOWNLOAD to flash STOCK Firmware

Now if you just want to try your luck and go for the leaked Froyo
I897UCJI6 - FROYO - for real - xda-developers

Please let me know what you do and how it turns out for you

dkhuizenga

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
ok, just to clarify my problem. I am using assonance rom. I flash/format, ect the whole deal, install the rom, and i can receive calls. Then i install titanium back up and test to make sure i can still receive calls. Then i restore my apps +system data. After this i test calls again. Then I go on normaly for a day or so, and then I will notice calls dont work. I know i get a call because i get a ring for a split second and then i get the error message i previously posted. I tried unchecking anything that says phone when i restored my stuff but still same thing. works for a wile, then i notice it isnt working.
Thanks for any help in advance.

dkhuizenga

Dec 24, 2010
Visit site
oh ok, well, I had flashed to perception rom, and chose only to install apps+ data, not system data and it has been about 24 hours, and its still working. It would seem that the problem is in a system data file. Any ideas what one wouldnt be compatable?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
oh ok, well, I had flashed to perception rom, and chose only to install apps+ data, not system data and it has been about 24 hours, and its still working. It would seem that the problem is in a system data file. Any ideas what one wouldnt be compatable?

Oh im sorry I thought you had a fascinate.... No idea sorry. That's why I suggested going back to stock and starting over.. Then once everything was good you could go from there.....if you look in my signature at tge bottom those how to videos are for the captivate and they are pretty great

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dkhuizenga

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams