How do I change contact pics in Hangouts?

MojoJojo78

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Changing contact pics in Hangouts

I'm using a Nexus 5 with 5.1 and Hangouts 3.0. I have pictures for all of my contacts but when I get an SMS message, instead of using the pic I saved in my contacts, it uses the person's Google profile pic instead. Is there any way to force Hangouts to use my contact pic instead of their Google pic? Any help would be appreciated.

AndroidProf

Nov 29, 2013
Visit site
Re: Changing contact pics in Hangouts

I'm using a Nexus 5 with 5.1 and Hangouts 3.0. I have pictures for all of my contacts but when I get an SMS message, instead of using the pic I saved in my .
I don't think its possible because hangout uses the images on Google, not on your device. You can also check the sms tab if its enabled, it doesn't show any images of the contacts. You can try heading to Google and editing the contact images, but it will be tedious.

Dexleeon

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
How would you do it in Google? Tedious how? Can I change someone else's photo in Google, or at least the way I view their profile?

Dexleeon

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: Changing contact pics in Hangouts

How would you do it in Google? Tedious how? Can I change someone else's photo in Google, or at least the way I view their profile?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool