How can I get my recently rooted device with custom ROM to recognize my Micro SD card?

Tom111989

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Recently rooted device with custom ROM won't recognize Micro SD card

Hi,

I recently rooted my Galaxy S5 after the lollipop update rendered it fairly useless. I did this using Clockwork Recovery and installed a custom ROM (CM12). Now I can't access the micro SD card. When I try and do so through the file manager it says 'This operation requires elevated permissions. Try changing to root access mode.

Before I installed the custom ROM, I ran root checker, which says that the phone isn't rooted. Same after I installed the custom ROM.Obviously this can't be correct as the ROM is running fine. Similarly whenever I open SuperSU (before and after installing the ROM) it says 'There is no binary SU installed and Super SU Can't Install it. Thisis a problem. If you recently upgraded to Android 5.0, you need to manually re-root.'

I'm new to all this so don't know how to go about fixing it. If you could help that'd be amazing.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: Recently rooted device with custom ROM won't recognize Micro SD card

Hi,

I recently rooted my Galaxy S5 after the lollipop update rendered it fairly useless. I did this using Clockwork Recovery and installed a custom ROM (CM12). Now I can't access the micro SD card. When I try and do so through the file manager it says 'This operation requires elevated permissions. Try changing to root access mode.

Before I installed the custom ROM, I ran root checker, which says that the phone isn't rooted. Same after I installed the custom ROM.Obviously this can't be correct as the ROM is running fine. Similarly whenever I open SuperSU (before and after installing the ROM) it says 'There is no binary SU installed and Super SU Can't Install it. Thisis a problem. If you recently upgraded to Android 5.0, you need to manually re-root.'

I'm new to all this so don't know how to go about fixing it. If you could help that'd be amazing.

You will need to find someone who has a superuser zip file that you can flash through recovery to put the SU files where they need to go.

Not sure how reliable this site is but it seems to have the zip file down in the directions.

Android 5.0 Lollipop ROM + Root for Galaxy S5! [CM12 Beta] | GalaxyS5Root.com

Tom111989

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

Thanks mate, I have full root access now. Unfortunately I still can't access the SD card via the phone (other than in recovery). Still says i need elevated permissions. Also, if i go to my media player, I cant see any of the music on the SD card there either.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Tom111989

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site

Thanks for the help, unfortunately I still can't access it. Really strange, I can access it fine via my computer or a non-rooted phone