Why does my phone charge sometimes and doesn't turn on most of the time?

markl86

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Phone sometimes charges and turns on, most of the time doesn't

I have a galaxy ace 3. Since I have had the phone I have had issIues with charging the phone. I find that if I let the phone run out of battery, i struggle to turn it back on. I plug it in and it shows the charging symbol but when I try to turn it back on, it doent turn on. If i keep trying with this then after 30 or so attempts with this, I can finally get it to charge and turn on. Most of the time it will show charging but when I try to turn it on, the samsung writing comes on, then the phone dies again and stops charging. I am completely stumped with this one as my logic is that if it was the battery it wouldnt turn on at all or wouldnt charge. Thanks in advance for any help or advice you can give

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.🙋

Discharging the battery fully before recharging is bad practice. Read this article by Rukbat:

Posted via the Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: Phone sometimes charges and turns on, most of the time doesn't

First let me say that it is really bad to allow phones these days to turn themselves off due to low battery. You should discontinue that practice right away, by finding some way to charge it until you can get to a point where you can fully charge it or turning it off manually before you think it will turn its self off. Have you ever held the power button on a PC to shut it down, and then notice that when you restart it often it will go through a disk check and pop up all kinds of warnings that the computer shutdown improperly? That is essentially what you are doing to your phone when you allow it to power down due to low battery. When you shut it down manually it has time to run all of its shutdown routines and finish processes that need to be ended and so on. Add to the hardware issue you are subjecting your phone to you are also doing harm to your battery. You may have already noticed that your battery life is shortening, if not consider yourself lucky and avoid it by discontinuing this practice. The rough start is likely due to processes not closing out properly and your phone trying to start from an un-natural state. I think if you do this one little thing you will notice that you stop having these issues. There are several good write ups on lithium batteries on Google that can explain not only how to better care for them but also the damage that can be done by running them to zero.

markl86

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

It never fully discharges, always turns off at around 10%. I put it on charge last night at around 12:30, woke up this morning and it had not moved from where i put it on and still would not turn on, this was after been on charge for a good 7 hours. Surely this should have worked even if it was the fact that the phone had ran out of charge

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Yeah but I feel like the point is still valid it's turning its self off due low charge, and I still feel if you wouldn't allow it to do that your trouble powering on would stop. Have you ever had issues with powering on during times when you were able to charge or turned it off before it could power down?

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz