Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid 2- won't turn on or charge- help?

I've seen quite a few threads like this, with phones not turning on - but mine's a bit different.

It was at maybe 20-30% charge level when it just shut down, and it had one this maybe 4 times earlier in the night so I didn't think much of it, I went to trn it back on... and it just didn't. And I tried plugging it in, and the little white light blinks rapidly, and then turns off as well.

I tried plugging it in with 2 different Droid 2 chargers, rebooting it in recovery mode (the screen won't turn on at all), and I took the battery out all night to see if I could fix it that way.. no luck.

It's literally a brand new phone, I got it 2 days ago, never dropped it or anything. Am I going to have to get a replacement? I would really rather not, because the closest replacement center is over an hour away, and I need a phone before I can get over there if possible.

Any help is much appreciated.

Have you left it connected to a wall charger for an hour or more? If it gets really low my Droid won't power on until it has charged beyond a certain point.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I left it on the charger with the charger halfway in (because the white light shows up) for like 40minutes, and same with it all the way in but no light. Is it even charging when the light's not on?

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

i would see if i could borrow a friends battery, i mean otherwise you may need to call Verizon and have them send a replacement or bite the bullet and take that drive.

Sorry
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Called verizon and the guy told me that he couldn't even locate that I had a phone activated - apparently it just FRIED. Great.. well, replacement on its way. Thanks, though

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by CourtneyParke View Post
    Called verizon and the guy told me that he couldn't even locate that I had a phone activated - apparently it just FRIED. Great.. well, replacement on its way. Thanks, though
    Well at least they are on top of that, hope then next one comes problem free
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Default Re: Droid 2- won't turn on or charge- help?

im recieving the same trouble. i was wondering how long did you have to charge your phone before it started up again. my phone is the Droid 2 a955

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by takeshi View Post
    Have you left it connected to a wall charger for an hour or more? If it gets really low my Droid won't power on until it has charged beyond a certain point.
    im recieving the same trouble. i was wondering how long did you have to charge your phone before it started up again. my phone is the Droid 2 a955