My Galaxy Note 4 has NO option to save pics I download with code reader here

Ann Hamner

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I've been trying to get wallpapers here for hours and have finally given up. I have a code reader, it grabs the wallpaper image well enough and the link loads but my 'menu' button - I hope you all mean those three dots at the top right corner - only gives me the options: "Back," "Forward" and "Refresh." No amount of tapping or touching the screen shows me a way to save the loaded image. If I leave the screen, it's gone forever. It will not show up in my gallery or downloads anywhere.

I also tried it with e-mail - but the attachment from Androidcentral didn't even show up, let alone give me a chance to download it. Do I have a bum phone and need to trade it in, do I need to download a different code reader, better than the one I got at google play or do these 'instructions' here just leave a lot missing? How can you 'save as wallpaper' when there is no such option available on your phone?

So far, the only way I've ever been able to do that is to go online on my phone and tap an image directly - then and only then do I ever see a 'set as' option. Why can I not do that with a code reader? If the reader wasn't working, I'd think it wouldn't grab anything anyway, but I simply cannot save anything I grab. Can someone help me before I phone my provider and tell them to send me another phone? If I cannot even do the simplest things everyone else can do, maybe it really is a bad phone but I'm too much a newbie to be sure.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to get wallpapers here for hours and have finally given up. I have a code reader, it grabs the wallpaper image well enough and the link loads but my 'menu' button - I hope you all mean those three dots at the top right corner - only gives me the options: "Back," "Forward" and "Refresh." No amount of tapping or touching the screen shows me a way to save the loaded image. If I leave the screen, it's gone forever. It will not show up in my gallery or downloads anywhere.

I also tried it with e-mail - but the attachment from Androidcentral didn't even show up, let alone give me a chance to download it. Do I have a bum phone and need to trade it in, do I need to download a different code reader, better than the one I got at google play or do these 'instructions' here just leave a lot missing? How can you 'save as wallpaper' when there is no such option available on your phone?

So far, the only way I've ever been able to do that is to go online on my phone and tap an image directly - then and only then do I ever see a 'set as' option. Why can I not do that with a code reader? If the reader wasn't working, I'd think it wouldn't grab anything anyway, but I simply cannot save anything I grab. Can someone help me before I phone my provider and tell them to send me another phone? If I cannot even do the simplest things everyone else can do, maybe it really is a bad phone but I'm too much a newbie to be sure.

Welcome to Android Central!

It could be that the site just doesn't allow the reader to do that. Have you tried using another reader to see if that is the case?