I changed my email password, now my phone really, really wants me to sign back in! How can I stop this?

A

AC Question

I changed my email password, now my phone really, really wants me to sign back in!

I suspected one of my email accounts had been hacked, so, using my notebook computer, I changed my passwords on all 3 of my email accounts (MSN, Yahoo, and Gmail). I don't sync any of my email to my phone, but I do have associated apps to check each one. After using my computer to change passwords, my phone started giving me alerts and prompting me to sign back in to my Gmail account. I did not have the gmail app open at the time either, so I'm not sure why it was alerting me. I cleared the alerts, but still did not open the Gmail app or sign in to it. Within 5 minutes there was another alert, again prompting me. I cleared that one also, and then played that game a couple more times, until finally I just left the alert there and now I'm writing to ask if anyone has an idea what is going on? Is my phone infected, or perhaps have a background malware app that's monitoring my email? Why else would it want me to sign back in so badly?? Do I need to just do a full reset and start fresh??
I'm one step shy of "computer ignorant" and I have no idea what to do or how to do it... (But of course I'm happy to Google things and follow directions!)
Thanks in advance for any and all help!!

rubrnekr

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I changed my email password, now my phone really, really wants me to sign back in!

This is my post. I forgot to mention that my phone is a Galaxy S5 Active and I'm with AT&T. Not sure if that's relevant or not...

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: I changed my email password, now my phone really, really wants me to sign back in!

Your Gmail account is your Google account, so everything related to that can't sign in after you changed the password (Play Store, Contacts sync, Drive, etc). The best thing could be going to settings - accounts - Google - remove account and add it again with the new password.

rubrnekr

Nov 21, 2014
Visit site

ooohhh.... Okay, ya, I guess that makes complete sense, doesn't it? lol And that would be why it didn't seem to care about my other two email accounts... lol
Thanks man. *feeling like just a little bit of a bozo...* :)

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

ooohhh.... Okay, ya, I guess that makes complete sense, doesn't it? lol And that would be why it didn't seem to care about my other two email accounts... lol
Thanks man. *feeling like just a little bit of a bozo...* :)

:) Glad it helped and welcome to the forums!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma