Why does my Android 4.4.2 sudden have a battery drain (Wiko Bloom)?

A

AC Question

Android 4.4.2 sudden battery drain (Wiko Bloom)

Hello AndroidCentral,
I'm currently using a Wiko Bloom, with Android 4.4.2, using the latest manufacturer update.

A few weeks ago I was trying out the Llama app and after a while I noticed that out of nowhere my battery charge would drop very suddenly to (almost nothing). If I'd see it in time, before it hit 0, then i could recharge it, but often it just depleted completely. This happens in a matter of minutes.

I thought Llama was the culprit, so I did a factory reset, but the problem still persists.

Battery stats reports about 47% phone idle, 46% mobile standby and 7% Wi-Fi.

Battery graph 1 (notice the steep sudden drop of about 45%!):
img bin org/index.php?page=image&id=23184

Battery graph 2 (again... a steep drop)
img bin org/index.php?page=image&id=23185

I installed GSam to try to get pinpoint on what is causing it, but since I'm not running root, I can't get a full report:
img bin org/index.php?page=image&id=23186

However, in my opinion, this doesn't seem very much out of the ordinary.

I wrote to Wiko and they want me to send in my phone to have it serviced. Before I do that (costs involved, not having my phone, might not be solved, etc.), I wanted to check if maybe there's a wizard here who can help me some more?

If I need to go root to figure it out, that's fine; I'll just need help to do it (and to be able to restore it to a pristine state afterwards should it still not work).

Should I need to provide more information, don't hesitate to ask me.
In any case, thank you.

Morrog

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android 4.4.2 sudden battery drain (Wiko Bloom)

I made an account here as it's probably more convenient to follow the thread.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae