Is my phone AT&T?

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I have recently bought an LG G2 from eBay, it was stated to be unlocked. When I received my phone I noticed an AT&T logo on the back, even though I am from the UK.

When I try to update the phone it says that 'device is not registered'.

I also have tonnes of AT&T apps installed, ie satnav and contact book. I do NOT want these and am not sure whether my phone is on AT&T. If so, what can I do? I contacted them asking for it to be unlocked and they told me to insert a non AT&T Sim and power on my phone to input a code, so I inserted my Three Sim, powered on my device and nothing happened? No where to input the code.

Please help me!! I know nothing about phones.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I'd get on support with AT&T and unlock it. Either call them or do a live chat. It should be pretty simple.

I'd also email the seller of the phone and see if you can return it, or write them a bad review for misrepresenting the product they were selling.

aokusman

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Your post is not making much sense to me. What does stated to be unlocked even mean? Why would you not just buy a phone that was listed as unlocked? You have an att phone, thus the logo and the apps. What are you trying to upgrade? What's code, how did you get the code.

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
The seller said the phone was unlocked for any network. I said to att that I wanted to unlock it from them and they emailed me the instructions stating

'Power off your phone

Insert non AT&T Sim

Power on phone and input _______

Done'

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
I'd get on support with AT&T and unlock it. Either call them or do a live chat. It should be pretty simple.

I'd also email the seller of the phone and see if you can return it, or write them a bad review for misrepresenting the product they were selling.

I already emailed them asking if I could unlock it and they said yes and set me the instructions.

blak8830

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
When you put your non-AT&T SIM in, does the phone work on your carrier's network?
If it does, your phone is already unlocked.
The AT&T apps would have been installed as part of the OS when the phone was new on AT&T.
You may be able to remove some of them - others you should be able to disable in settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21