Alarm clock not playing MP3s - D2G

jimmynotch

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hi everyone. I am a new convert to Android after having been a WinMo guy for about 6 years.... lemme just say the learning curve is interesting. Anyway, my first question is about the alarm clock settings. A few days ago I set the clock to go off at 6 AM with an MP3 from my SD. Worked great as it should. Then later that day I moved all my music files and folders into one new folder called "music" to help me navigating with the media player. Now the alarm clock will go off but is silent. I checked all the settings in the menu and nothing brings back music, though stock ringtones still work. What did I do to mess this up and what do I do to fix it? Also, the SD card is the one from my most recent WinMo phone. Does that have anything to do with anything?

Thanks. -J

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Alarms should go into an Alarms folder (same thing for Ringtones & Notifications -- stick them in their respective folders). There are apps, including the stock media player, IIRC, that will allow you to set music as whatever tone but if you move your music you'll run into the exact problem that you're having. You can also use such an app to re-establish the setup. I personally prefer just sticking tones in their respective folders on the SD card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca