Most Apps in "My Apps" have disappeared

Doc Harley

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a Motorola Droid X running Android 2.2.1 and everything has been working fine. I had about 15-20 apps listed under "My Apps".

The phone locked up two days ago and I had to remove the battery to reboot. The next day when I went into the Android Market and then "My Apps", there were only two apps listed (both of them paid apps), the rest (mostly free, but some paid apps) somehow disappeared. The apps are still on the phone the ones I tried work fine. If I do a search in the Market for some of the missing apps it tells me it is installed.

I have shut down and rebooted several times, and "My Apps" still shows just the two apps results. I have shut down and then removed the battery, same results. I removed the battery without shutting it down, same results.

Any assistance would be appreciated!

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Settings>applications>manage applications>market> clear cache

Try that. If that does not work repeat the above process but this time hit the uninstall updates button. Let it uninstall then reboot

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Try going to settings> applications> Manage applications, choose market and clear data. Restart and you should be good.

Edit: droidxcon wins again, lol

Reactions: Doc Harley

Doc Harley

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The solution provided by DroidXcon corrected the problem. Clearing the cache did not do it itself, I also had to do the 2nd part of your recommendation, uninstall the market updates.

I did not try Smitty_82's solution of clear data, as DroidXcon's solution worked and I didn't need to go any further.

Thanks for help! And thanks AC for providing this resource.

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
The solution provided by DroidXcon corrected the problem. Clearing the cache did not do it itself, I also had to do the 2nd part of your recommendation, uninstall the market updates.

I did not try Smitty_82's solution of clear data, as DroidXcon's solution worked and I didn't need to go any further.

Thanks for help! And thanks AC for providing this resource.

Any time Doc glad to help, Please head on over and feel free to always ask for help.

Happy new year

solavirtus

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
i had the same issue and DroidXCon's solution worked for me too. It was only after the Market was updated (after uninstalling the upgrades) that all my apps showed up again. Thanks!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance