Why did the latest Upgrade on S Planner remove the option to copy events?

A

AC Question

Why did the latest "Upgrade" on S Planner remove the option to copy events

I used to LOVE S Planner for keeping my appointments. When I had clients book in for their next meeting I would simply click their current meeting and copy giving the copy a new time/date and keep all the notes. Now the only option that comes up is Delete or Share.

It is the most annoying thing as I either have to enter all the details again to a new event or forced to use another calendar app.

Also the new firmware upgrade PDA:0B7 / Phone: OB7 / CSC: OB7 (DBT)

seems like a downgrade. The phone and apps run slower and take longer to load. The colors are set as all bright and white background which drains more battery and not option to change to a darker less harsh background like before.

Please put copy back as an option into S Planner and don't remove useful features that aren't in the way again for upgrades.

Ralphy43

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't know, it was a good feature. However, I discovered a simple workaround. Open S planner and tap the event you want to "copy"/move. Once you have your event open (in a sort of edit mode) simply change the "Start" date and/or time to the new date you want to "move" it to. This should do the trick. Please be aware that using this method will, in essence, delete the original event and create another one with the new date/time you just entered. Hope this helps.

et_tu_brute

Oct 23, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why did the latest "Upgrade" on S Planner remove the option to copy events

no this does not help. The original poster, was wanting to actually copy an event while retaining the original event. Both S Planner and Google's Calender apps continue to be dumbed down with each 'Upgrade'. I am a cancer patient with numerous appointments and I need to retain a diary of past events as well as copy forward next appointments. I recently had to update my Samsung Galaxy S3 phone to a S5 and discovered afterwards that I can't copy appointments. This continual dumbing down process frustrates the hell out of me, particularly when no explanation is provided for these so called "improvements". Now i am forced to find an alternative and that is a burden as well as I don't know what to expect, particularly paid for apps that don't fully detail features or offer a trial/free version.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jean De Corte

Mar 25, 2016
Visit site
I just have got my brand new Galaxy 6 Edge + and discovered the same pity.

SIMPLE solution, waiting that S planner will include again this simple useful feature (we are all worrying to get so much new stuff - unuseful most of the time - and see good things going away)

1) edit the event
2) share it by mail to yourself (it take the same time a copying it before)
3) open the new event and change the date & time or what else.

What do you thinck?

bye

Jean:)

pautormo

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I just have got my brand new Galaxy 6 Edge + and discovered the same pity.

SIMPLE solution, waiting that S planner will include again this simple useful feature (we are all worrying to get so much new stuff - unuseful most of the time - and see good things going away)

1) edit the event
2) share it by mail to yourself (it take the same time a copying it before)
3) open the new event and change the date & time or what else.

What do you thinck?

bye

Jean:)

Not so simple but works. Thanks!

LMBL

Jul 1, 2016
Visit site
This was not an upgrade, but a downgrade. I relied on that calendar to be able to easily keep track of my mother's appointments, sometimes making numerous appts for different days and times at once. Now I have to retype all of the information every time instead of simply copying an event. Whoever thought it was a good idea to get rid of the copy function should be fired. I don't usually say things like that, but this has me angry. It was thoughtless and shows a lack of consideration for customers.

benlesh

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why did the latest "Upgrade" on S Planner remove the option to copy events

I fully second this request.
I also second the complaint:"The phone and apps run slower and take longer to load. The colors are set as all bright and white background which drains more battery and not option to change to a darker less harsh background like before. " plus the fact that the grid on day mode is hardly seen.

abubasim

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site
I submitted negative feedback to Samsung's article here where the copy feature is described, asking why this was removed in LP.

I am lucky as my device, a Galaxy Note 3, can be downgraded to KK to get back this feature and there is no functionality in LP I miss when downgrading.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non