Nexus 7 (2013) Refusing to install firmware. Please help.

ElensarFFXI

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble getting my nexus to update. I have had the firmware update notification for a few months now and I've decided to install the update which is the 5.0.2 Lollipop update, however when I click restart and install on the update screen it does a 10 second count down and then literally does nothing until I select cancel installation. I have left the tablet at this screen for at least 30 minutes and it just will not do anything after the count down finishes...

I honestly have no idea what to do to resolve this, is there any way to tell the tablet to re-download the firmware or something?

I have used the clear cache option in the boot menu previously since the firmware update option popped up so I am worried I've some how messed it up, My tablet is currently running the official 4.4.4 kitkat update.

Any ideas or help is much appreciated thankyou.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-17-19-17-10.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-17-19-17-10.png
    152.3 KB · Views: 3

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I assume that the phone was never rooted. (If it was, then unrooted, an update won't [shouldn't, actually, because it could brick the phone even after it's been unrooted] work.)

Cancel the update, go to your Download folder (use any file manager) and delete the update file (delete any files you didn't deliberately download for some purpose - if you want them, move them to where you want them; Download should be only a temporary stop for files), wait 24 hours, clear the cache (Settings/General/Storage/Cache), go to About device (in General). The first item should be to check for updates. Tap that and see if it downloads and updates. (The 24 hours is because you can only check for updates once every 24 hours. If you try sooner you'll be told to try again later.)

ElensarFFXI

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your reply,

My Downloads folder is completely empty, I cleared the cache however the update still displays as being downloaded and ready to install.

I need to be more specific on my device history as your information regarding root worries me. This tablet was upgraded to android 5.0 when it first OTA however the device crashed a lot and was unreliable. I got assistance from someone who used something called a "Nexus Root Toolkit"???? to roll it back to Kit Kat 4.4.4 from the official Google factory images.

I was told it was back to factory default and OTA would work again etc. and indeed a day or two minutes after I turned it on the 5.0.1 update popped up which I ignored and then the 5.0.2 update popped up so I thought everything was OK in that regard.

It was only after I finally decide to install it on my tablet again that I now encounter this issue of it apparently not wanting to install. I guess I should have shown more patience and waited for fixes rather than getting it rolled back to Kit Kat. :':)':)'(

I have double checked and it is 100% NOT rooted but I guess perhaps the damage is done...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital