I have forgotten the alternative password for my Samsung, how can I get into my phone without resetting it?

A

AC Question

Forgotten Alternative Password for Samsung

I have found lots of threads on this but when following the advice and logging onto Device Manager to try and change password I get the following message this is not helping for me at all. I do everything. and I get this message "Since Google has verified that a screen lock is already set, the password you entered won't be needed". Please help as I can t use my phone and really want to avoid a reset, as I will lose all my photos :-(

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Forgotten Alternative Password for Samsung

Welcome to Android Central! So were you using fingerprint unlock, and it stopped working, and you can't remember the alternative password you were required to select when you started using fingerprint unlock? We see this question a lot, and to be honest, I'm not sure if you have any alternative besides doing a full factory reset. In the future, if you're prone to forgetting important passwords, consider writing them down and keeping them somewhere safe at home.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech