Something Is Wrong With My Google Play Services

conno23

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
I was just simply watching a YouTube video on my phone, when the application crashed and said something like "this application needs Google Play Services to run."

Now I can't open my YouTube app, Google Play Store says I need authorization and I need to sign in (even though it shows me being signed in), my Google Chrome is running very slow, as is the keyboard, and for some reason my ram usage has gone down about 200MB.

I am using an LG G2 and I want to try everything before trying a factory reset.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

and sorry if this isn't the right place for questions like this, didn't know where else to go.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Well I was going to suggest a factory reset, However, you may want to try a Re-boot instead. Or perhaps boot into safe mode and see what that does.

syspry

Banned
Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I was just simply watching a YouTube video on my phone, when the application crashed and said something like "this application needs Google Play Services to run."

Now I can't open my YouTube app, Google Play Store says I need authorization and I need to sign in (even though it shows me being signed in), my Google Chrome is running very slow, as is the keyboard, and for some reason my ram usage has gone down about 200MB.

I am using an LG G2 and I want to try everything before trying a factory reset.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

and sorry if this isn't the right place for questions like this, didn't know where else to go.

Did this resolve itself? I had the exact same thing happen to me this morning, probably only a couple hours before it happened to you. Gmail crashed right back to home screen (not even a force close notification) and my phone was completely signed out of everything Google. I couldn't sign into any Google app and even the Play Store thought I had no Google account on my phone. I think it was a hiccup on Google's servers because I just left it alone for about 2 minutes and everything was back to normal.