Google Voice SMS on Android. (Help me Please)

mrkevinswartwood

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Hello,

I was living in the USA up to this past September. I had google voice set up while I was there, and loved it.

I moved to the UK in September, and got my first Android phone HTC Desire HD, love it! I know that the calling features of google voice don't work here in the UK, but I was able to send SMS messages, and check my inbox using the google voice app from the Market.

It integrated really well with my phone, when I would select one of my contacts to send a text to, I would get a pop up asking me if I wanted to use "Google Voice" or "Normal Messages", which was great. Now for some reason it's not doing that. It just goes straight to the normal messages, and doesn't give me the google voice option which is a real bummer, because I have so many friends and family in North America.

I've checked my settings on the phone in google voice, but I can't find anything that will help me get back to where the phone asks me if I would like to use Google voice to send the text or my normal message.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kevin.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
It's not a GV setting. You somehow set the other app as the default and need to clear it. You clear defaults for any apps by going to Settings->Applications->Manage Applications, selecting the app and hitting the Clear Defaults button. You need to do this for the messaging app that has been set as default (again, not GV).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20