Why do I keep getting a warning that my systemui theme flex could be potentially harmful?

A

AC Question

i keep getting a warning that my systemui theme flex could be potentially harmful.

It's recommended that I uninstall. What does that mean and how will it affect my phone if i uninstall it?? I get the message and I click on "app info & options" and it takes me to the app info screen. There is no cache and it only takes up about 308 kb. So should I just delete it?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: i keep getting a warning that my systemui theme flex could be potentially harmful.

There are a LOT of false "potentially unwanted program" hits. I'm running a few hundred apps on my phone and probably 50 of them get hit my one or another of my protection programs every time I upgrade one. (Even an app to root the phone is considered a potentially unwanted program. It is, if you had no intention of rooting, but if you want to, it's an "actual wanted program", not a "potentially unwanted program".)

If the theme is what you want, you installed it from the Play Store, and the phone is working, I'd ignore the threat. (Installing stuff from unknown sources can be dangerous. There are sources other than the Play Store, like Amazon's App Store, that are legitimate, though.)