Can I get some help with some questions about flashing by ODIN?

Ibnul Jaif Farabi

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Some Questions about flashing by ODIN

I brought my Samsung Galaxy S4 (China Unicom version) from China. It was unlocked and I was able to use it in my country pretty well. But I didn't get to install any of Google Apps. And then there's awful Chinese apps that I couldn't able to uninstall. So I downloaded AT&T Official Firmware 4.4.2 and decided to give it a try. I am thinking about install it via ODIN.

Now my question is as my phone is currently unlocked and if I install AT&T firmware by ODIN, will it revoke my current unlocked status? Will it take the device back to the AT&T locked status?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Some Questions about flashing by ODIN

SIM locking has nothing to do with the ROM you flash. However you have 2 problems:

1) The phone might not work with an AT&T ROM. The hardware may be different. (The ROM isn't the only difference between model numbers.)

2) The AT&T ROM has a locked bootloader. Once you flash it, you can't uninstall it. (Assuming the phone works after you install the AT&T version.) The TMobile version may be better, because it doesn't have a locked bootloader - but, again, it may brick the phone because of hardware differences.

Ibnul Jaif Farabi

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Re: Some Questions about flashing by ODIN

My Model Number is GT-I9507V and Baseband version is I9507VZNUBNK1 . And even installing I9507 firmwares failed. Only I9507V firmwares are accepted.

No Google apps so far and these awful Chinese bloatwares. What do I have to do?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12