Can I get some help with call blocking/blacklisting help?

Smariex18

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
Call blocking/blacklisting help

Hey, I'm new here. I'm not sure if this is possible, but if there's an app for this or a way to do it I figured you all would be able to help.

Thanks in advance!

So currently, I work for a mental health agency and would like to give clients a Google voice number to call so it's easier to reach me (rarely am I in the office, and our IT won't forward calls directly to me).

I'm hoping there's a way with my Google voice number that I could put specific contacts (by group would be great, but I'll take what I can get!) on a schedule for when they can call me. Essentially, these contacts are ONLY allowed to call from 8-5pm M-F, otherwise they will be put to voicemail. I'd prefer not to have to turn a black list on and off repeatedly if possible because I'll forget. I'd also prefer that they cannot text me either...

Or even if there is just some way to schedule my Google voice number to turn off during certain hours, as only they will have the number?

More (probably unnecessary) info: This is really for liability reasons, as I am not on call and if a client contacts me at 9pm in crisis I become responsible and my supervisor would eat me alive. If I can't figure out a way to do this, I won't get the OK to give my number out.

Sorry this is so wordy. And again, thank you SO much for any help!
--------------------
Edit: it works! THANK YOU! If anyone has the same question, under the phone number you're having Google voice forward to, you click "edit" "advanced settings" "custom" just as described in the link given :D. I tested it to make sure it works as well. Cannot thank you enough! This makes my work life 1000x easier!

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Call blocking/blacklisting help

Welcome to Android Central! There is a "Do Not Disturb" option that sends calls to voicemail: https://support.google.com/voice/answer/115106?hl=en. But you can't schedule it--you can only turn it on manually, and specify how long it should last for that instance. Let me see if I can find anything else.

Actually, setting the Ring Schedule for Google Voice might work for you: https://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=115145. I'm assuming that if the phone doesn't ring, it will go straight to voicemail.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca