Why do apps get disabled on reboot?

ShankD

May 1, 2015
Visit site
why apps get disabled on reboot?

Hi,

I am facing problem of apps getting disabled on reboot of the android device i am using.
Following apps gets disabled:
Google Play book
Google Play movies
They don't go to the settings/apps/disabled section, they just get vanish every time i restart and need to enable them from playstore.
I am using this device for 2 weeks and the problem started after i did a factory reset.

more info:
the device is not rooted.
did a factory reset after update from jellybean to kitkat because of performance issue.

i have tried following things:
1. clear cache of the app
2. clear data of the app
3. did a factory reset again!
4. contacted google support.

needless to say nothing worked.

if you have reach the end of this post, can you please help..i am new to android thus dont know what else to try?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: why apps get disabled on reboot?

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? Have you disabled any other apps? Is there actually Settings>Apps>Disabled section? I ask because older phones may list disabled apps at the bottom of the Settings>Apps>All​ list instead.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain those apps have been updated to the most recent version? Google apps that are preinstalled usually don't show up in your My Apps list with available updates until you actually update them manually the first time. In the Google Play Store, search for either of those apps and look at the app page--is there an Update button?

ShankD

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Those apps do come under setting/apps, but after I restart the tab they again get disabled at play store and is not visible on device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown