Looking for an app to search for signal...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I live in nyc so I'm underground on the subway quite a bit and when I get out it takes a while for my phone to realize it needs to look around for a signal. I need a widget or app that will seek it out when I need it to. Thanks.

Currently I'm going into airplane mode then out in order to do it, blah.

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Probably easiest to just toggle airplane mode. If you want a widget on your screen to control more than just airplane mode (screen brightness, toggle bluetooth, or many others) I'd recommend checking into Power Toggles in the Play Store. Its probably the most versatile, especially if your phone doesn't have a similar setup built into the software (Samsung and LG do, but others might not).

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
A power toggle widget is like killing mice with cannons. Airplane mode takes 2 seconds. (They haven't finished the slot antenna in the subways yet? I have nephews younger than that project [and one of them has a son]. They were supposed to include cellular in the NY Transit PD [that tells you how old it is] project.)

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
My phone options for power toggles for airplane mode sucks (moto x '13), it only takes me to the settings, just the way it's built i think. So annoying. I've put a number of them on my phone. It's "easier" to hold down the power button, wait til the airplane option pops up, then click it. Then wait til it's airplane mode than reverse using the same procedure. Still annoying but less annoying than the widget for some reason. Can't remember.