What Am I Doing Wrong? (Re: Debloater V3.85)

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Qmc6BwIl.jpg

Okay, I've read carefully the install to of said Samsung Drivers to my Apple MacBook Pro (yes I know I know) and the V3.85 Debloater for my VzW.SGN.IV. Just curious to know what I missed/am doing wrong? The above photo shot is taken with the SGN.IV while it is connected via USB to the MBP. Remember, I'm still learning all things Android here! :D

Any help/ideas/tips gratefully appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't know the particular program, but it looks like a replacement for Kies - which is a pretty bad program for backing up. And useless for debloating, unless the phone is rooted, in which case you don't need a program to remove bloat. (You shouldn't remove it, you should freeze it first, in case it's not really bloat and the phone needs it - use Link2SD for freezing, unfreezing and uninstalling.)

You can't remove apps that come with the phone (like bloat) unless the phone is rooted.

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't know the particular program, but it looks like a replacement for Kies - which is a pretty bad program for backing up. And useless for debloating, unless the phone is rooted, in which case you don't need a program to remove bloat. (You shouldn't remove it, you should freeze it first, in case it's not really bloat and the phone needs it - use Link2SD for freezing, unfreezing and uninstalling.)

You can't remove apps that come with the phone (like bloat) unless the phone is rooted.
With that said, sound advice I'll heed. Thank you! :cool:

In my sphere, to root kinda sorta unnerves me!

boxa72

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
It's actually a pretty good program but if you're new to stuff like this its probably better to learn more before u start playing with system files and the like

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk

Neo_ii_Droid

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
It's actually a pretty good program but if you're new to stuff like this its probably better to learn more before u start playing with system files and the like

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk
Oh I hear you on this. Certainly don't want to be "that guy." :confused: