Why won't my Laser Tablet power off?

A

AC Question

Laser Tablet screen frozen - won't power off

We have a Laser 8GB tablet (for kids). I recently downloaded a bunch of apps from the Playstore. Today, Plants vs Zombies 2 froze upon opening.

We have tried the following:

Hold power button down for 10 seconds, 20 seconds and 30+ second intervals.
Hold power button and volume up buttons together for same second intervals.
Hold power button and volume down buttons together for same second intervals.
Hold all three buttons down together for the same second intervals.
Poking a paperclip into the micro hole at the top even though I have no idea what that will do. >.>

The battery was charged overnight and was barely one-third discharged when the screen froze. The tablet will not respond to any touching on the screen and will not power off.

I would appreciate your help to get the tablet working again, and thanks very much for your time and assistance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Laser Tablet screen frozen - won't power off

Welcome to Android Central! Usually, any Android device can be forced to shut down by pressing and holding the Power button for about 15 seconds, although sometimes it has to be longer. If it's a mushy button, make sure you're pressing in as deep as you can.

It may be that the device has suffered a major hardware failure. That would unfortunately not be surprising for an off-brand device like yours.

Glitta

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: Laser Tablet screen frozen - won't power off

Thanks B. Diddy, I appreciate your response. I have tried that so many times since it froze.

I will let it run out of battery, recharge it and see if that helps. If not, I will get a refund and then spend some more and replace it with something a bit better for my kid.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae