How can I control text notification volume independently from phone ringer volume?

group6

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
control text notification volume independantly from phone ringer volume

I have a VZW Droid Maxx. I want to control text notification volume independently from phone ringer volume. I cannot find a setting for that. I can go into a meeting with the phone ringer volume so low that only I can hear it but when I get a text it comes through at full volume and its more than a little awkward. I dont want to switch it to just vibrate. Am I missing something (I searched the forum without success) or is it something else that was left out of KitKat 4.4.4 and needs an app?

thank you

group6

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: control text notification volume independantly from phone ringer volume

Im still banging away at it like a monkey with a baseball bat. Not having any luck. Could someone weigh in with a possible solution?

Posting this question in 'General Help and How To' may have been an error on my part. If that is so, would a mod be so kind as to move it to the Droid Maxx forum? My apologies.
Thanks!

group6

Dec 12, 2008
Visit site
Re: control text notification volume independantly from phone ringer volume

The answer is go to settings>sound>volumes>notifications slider. This wasnt working for me until I did a soft reset first and then setting the slider to the desired volume. Now it works. Hope this helps someone else.