What is a good handset for a first time Android user?

fred1952

May 5, 2015
Visit site
A Good Handset For First Android Phone

Hello. I'm soon to get my first android phone and I've come to learn that some manufacturers use the 'older' method of partitioning memory, so some ~£100 handsets like Cubot/Elephone might advertise 16gb but you effectively only have 1-2gb to install apps and use for messaging etc, which means the phone can get full very quickly because they can't be moved to the leftover "big memory bit".

With this in mind can anyone recommend a good entry level phone that uses the 'new style' of not splitting the RAM/ROM (whichever one it is). I'm a pretty basic user with no need for many or heavy apps, mostly just for a lot of messaging and emailing (which I'd like to keep without having to delete regularly to free up space) so I don't need the latest greatest top of the line device, just something that wont be full in a month or two because of a misleading memory advertisement.

I was looking at seemingly high-spec well-priced Chinese import devices as unlocked, but even if I have to get a cheap contract with the likes of HTC 320/510/610, Huawei G620, Samsung S3 Neo, Moto G X1032, Moto E 2nd gen etc.

Thoughts and recommendations would be much valued thanks in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: A Good Handset For First Android Phone

The Moto G is an excellent value--just try to find the 16 GB version, since the 8 GB version might fill up relatively quickly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alfatv