Email App. Error message: Not enough device storage, delete some files and try again?

aimeejean

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
When I open my email application, this error message comes up: Not enough device storage, delete some files and try again.

I have deleted all my PDF files on device storage and also moved almost all of my apps to my SD card. I got my emails to come through yesterday and then today the damn message comes up again!

I have a Galaxy S5 16GB running on Lollipop 5.0

Under my device memory it says I have 480MB available (4.95GB being used in applications) all of my apps are pretty much on my SD card so I don't know what is going on here? Moving the rest of my apps now onto my SD card and deleting cache ...

**Update**
Moved some more apps, didn't realize one was almost a gig! This seems to have repaired the problem :)

**update**
It hasn't fixed the error message popped up again this morning

Last edited:

Mandy Lightle

Jul 3, 2015
Visit site
Did you figure this out. Mine does the same thing. I have tried a ton of things. It seems the message comes and goes without me doing anything now

James Scott7

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
Go into settings then scroll down to storage go into device storage press on the cache. you will be prompted to clear cache, clear the cache return to email and hit the refresh button.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton