Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Factory reset with broken screen

Hi, I broke the screen of my Nexus1 and I'd like to send it to repair. However, I don't want to send it while my accounts are enabled. So, I need to do a factory reset. Anyone knows how to do it without having any visibility into what's going on on the display?

Many thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by joaoanastacio View Post
    Hi, I broke the screen of my Nexus1 and I'd like to send it to repair. However, I don't want to send it while my accounts are enabled. So, I need to do a factory reset. Anyone knows how to do it without having any visibility into what's going on on the display?

Many thanks in advance!
    Was it in debugging mode by any chance before it broke?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

No - the phone was on in regular mode.

I know you can hard reset it as mentioned here http://www.androidcentral.com/how-ha...ogle-nexus-one

but there are still a couple of steps there that I'd be unable to see, as the display is 100% black...

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by joaoanastacio View Post
    No - the phone was on in regular mode.

I know you can hard reset it as mentioned here How to: Hard-reset the Nexus One | Android Central

but there are still a couple of steps there that I'd be unable to see, as the display is 100% black...
    if this was a galaxy phone it would be easy i dont know about an N1.....

we could try Screen cast but it usually needs to be in debugging mode.
    I need to start getting ready for work so i cant spend alot of time researching this.. So if you can look into screencast. it allows you to display your screen on the computer.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    if this was a galaxy phone it would be easy i dont know about an N1.....

we could try Screen cast but it usually needs to be in debugging mode.
    I need to start getting ready for work so i cant spend alot of time researching this.. So if you can look into screencast. it allows you to display your screen on the computer.
    ok, cool, I'll look into that. I can't do it right now either, but I'll update the thread once I do. Thanks for the help so far.

Default Re: Factory reset with broken screen

I have a Galaxy S4, and my screen won't turn on, before I send it for repair I would like to do a factory reset. Can you help me with that? Please include how many options down the list things are since I can't see what I'm doing.