Million Dollar Question - email

udetective

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
I know this has been asked a lot but I can't seem to find an answer. Maybe there isn't one. I thought I would ask here before giving up. I'm a HEAVY outlook user NON exchange. I am currently with Blackberry and really want to move to a droid. However, I can't seem to sync contacts and have email work effectively. I have a droid someone loaned me and have tried a lot of things. even paid 50 for google sync but i couldn't make it work. Is there ANYTHING I can try. If I can't make this work, I guess I"m stuck with BB :(

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
One thing you can do is import/export in gmail and then import/export in outlook. You can to that periodically. Not the same and slightly more work but between that and using the BB, I'll pick manually importing/exporting then use my BB again.

takeshi

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm a HEAVY outlook user NON exchange.
Email shouldn't be an issue but if you want a specific answer for your situation it helps to provide the type of email account. Outlook is irrelevant for email as your device does not connect to Outlook. Further, Outlook supports a number of different mail servers. Even saying "not Exchange" doesn't narrow it down enough for anyone trying to assist. Is it POP? IMAP? Something else?

even paid 50 for google sync but i couldn't make it work.
I use gsyncit to sync contacts between Outlook and my Google account (it does support syncing other data as well but I only need contacts sync). There are many, many Outlook sync options out there. See http://www.syncdroid.net and don't overlook the existing Outlook sync threads here and on other Android forums.