How can I get my alarm clock working?

Arcadia Blue

May 13, 2015
Visit site
alarm clock not working!!!

First, the alarm clock program that came with my phone would go off and not shut up until I restarted the phone, then every app I have installed since, the clock either doesn't go off at all or goes off after I pick up the phone to see why it has not gone off. I think it started with the last virus program update (the new version of Asurion that is called VZ Protect.) I checked the OK Google settings for detection from any screen -it was already off so I turned the whole thing off. I don't know yet if that will fix it. Has anyone else had this problem recently (found forums from 1 to 3 years ago.) my phone is the Sony Xperia Z3v on Verizon.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Re: alarm clock not working!!!

Virus program update? There is your issue. Turn that off and forget about it and your problems will likely go away. Seriously, Android very rarely has issues with viruses. Look it up, please, since I'm sure you'll be skeptical of my advice. Turn it off and disable it. Meanwhile, Android is a sandboxed OS and therefore most apps are not able to communicate directly with each other or your OS making viruses very unlikely. Look up sandboxed OS. With Android you are more likely to see spam and push notifications, both are usually caused by apps that you have installed that have asked for and been granted too many permissions. My rule of thumb for apps has kept me Push free for years now and I stand by it, No apps under 3.5 stars, no exceptions, No apps that have a similar number of 1 star ratings as 5 star ratings, devious devs will often pump up their 5 star ratings to make their app look better, Always read at least four 1 and 2 star reviews for every app, while devs may pump their 5 star ratings they don't benefit from the low ratings and therefore you can usually believe they are true. On that last note, what you are looking for in those low ratings is complaints about; push notifications, odd or unwanted behavior, system compatibility issues with your device or OS version, and overall app issues. I think you'll see more advice like this to come...

GL

Arcadia Blue

May 13, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. The only reason I even have the anti -virus app is because it updated from the previous mobile recovery app that is part of the insurance plan. I was told years ago by a Verizon employee that an anti-virus program was unnecessary so why Version came up with this app I don't know. The only time it ever claimed to have found malware was ironically in its own update!

Arcadia Blue

May 13, 2015
Visit site

Btw, I always check ratings beforehand too, and try to find specific ones to my device. I agree with your assessment -has to have a 4 star overall, and if I see complaints about ads or problems from the latest update I will look for a better app.

Arcadia Blue

May 13, 2015
Visit site

It occurred to me also, that this might have something to do with the pre-installed Stamina app which monitors battery use. I added the alarm clock app to the approved list of apps allowed to run continously. So far, I haven't had any more problems with my alarms not going off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance