Please help!!! Market problems.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
PLEASE HELP!! Posting this here because it doesn't seem to be limited to the captivate.

I cannot download anything from the market on my two day old captivate, it seems, as soon as the market updates itself. I've tried everything I can possibly find online about others with this issue. For some, the most common solution, cleaning the market cache worked. I've tried it all.......over and over......this is the list of things accross the web I've found and tried, repeatedly......

* Cleaned cache of market/google apps/ market updater/download manager/checkin/google talk service

* Remvoed SD/SIM card rebooted

* tried on 3G/wifi

* logged in to google talk

* Change my time to auto/manual

*Created a new google account

*several hard resets

*uninstalling market updates.

But all above measures still don?t solve my problem. Still get download unsuccessful error, then if I uninstall market updates things say starting download, but it never does.

Every time I do a hard reset, without doing anything else other than getting online, I manage to get a few apps downloaded, then it seems as soon as the market updates itself automatically, it stops working and I get the unsuccesful download error for everything. Then I uninstall the market update and any download sits at the starting download screen indefinitely.

So, I'm guessing that the automatic market update is screwing things up. But how do I stop it, or is there any help any one else may have? PLEASE. I can't even return this phone but if I don't have the market, it's useless.

Thanks.

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the android market update. I've found a few posts from people that have pretty much deduced the same thing as me through enough trial and error. As soon as the market updates itself, even after a fresh reset where nothing was done except setting up gmail and internet/wifi, the problems begin. When the old interface is there I can get a download or two in, and then when the updated interface shows up after a few minutes, no downloads what so ever work. Uninstalling the update just makes the download hand indefinitely at "starting download".

So, does anyone know where I can check when and if a new version will be out, or a fix, patch, anything for the market. Or a way to stop it from automatically updating itself? If I just wait a month will there eventually be a fix?