My battery life only reach up to 75 and does not exceed above. What could the problem be?

A

AC Question

My battery life only reach up to 75% and does not exceed above.

I look at my phone charge and even wait for it to charge, and I always see 75% when I get back to it and it decreases even though my charger is plugged in.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: My battery life only reach up to 75% and does not exceed above.

Welcome to Android Central! Which phone? The battery might be starting to fail. How old is it? Do you routinely allow it to drain to near-zero before charging back up? That behavior can reduce the overall battery life.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: My battery life only reach up to 75% and does not exceed above.

Leaving the phone plugged in after it's charged can also degrade battery life. I'd suggest turning the phone completely off and letting it charge for about an hour to see if it does anything. This ensures most all power fed to the phone goes to the battery. If it charges like this, then try replacing the cable because it means not enough power is making it to the phone. It could also be a bad charger itself. If that doesn't work, it could be the USB port inside the phone.

If it doesn't charge any more than 75% while unplugged, then it's likely the battery itself has gone bad. That's a common symptom of a bad one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae