MotoBlur vs HTC Sense

AllenRulz

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I currently have a Blackberry Storm (1st smartphone for me) I can upgrade this year (May) and I'm jumping ship to Android.

Well I need some info about what is better or just difference between MotoBlur and Sense. I was always told NEVER to go with a Motorola phone that HTC's are just made and last better.

Instead of listening to them, I was seeing what everyone's opinions on these are here?!

Remember, this is going to be my 1st Android (if that matters)

Thanks,
Allen M.

thegov

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I think you will get a general consensus here that sense is the best custom ui for android phones. i have an evo, and i like sense alot. unfortunately, i can't offer you that much help as i've never used motoblur. my best contributtion is my opening statement b/c i did similar research after i bought my evo. i will say that imo htc phones are much slicker and nicer looking than moto's phone. and as far as the stock keyboard is concerned the writers on ac seem to like the htc's best.

Reactions: AllenRulz

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Most will probably say they hate blur and prefer sense. I have no problem with blur. Depends on the user. I would go to the store and test out the phones. One thing to keep in mind is if you get into custom roms you can un blur the phone.
Im also coming from a BB Storm. Either with blur or sense ...it will still be 100x better then BBs. Both will feel like a huge improvement.

Last edited:

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Blur is a bit laggy. But that can be fixed with Launcher Pro. Been using that and I love it. Also has pinch to see screen previews like Sense. Plus LP gives you TONS more customization.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Vanilla is my favorite as well then sense then blur. But I love the DX itself. DX with LP is just awesome.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
If you're looking at the Bionic, I don't think it will be running Blur (it looks like something new for the Droid line). I like Sense better than the non-Droid Blur, but this new version looks interesting to me.

Icon

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I've used them both, and I like sense better. However, I love my X, and the version of Blur on this is not bad. It is a lot less intrusive, and most of the time you wouldn't even know its there. But like somebody said earlier, your coming from a Storm, so anything you get will be better (I owned the Storm so I know how you feel). If your looking nex gen, I hear blur isn't on the Bionic, and the new sense is pretty sick, so it comes down to whether you want a custom UI or not. Go to the store and get your hands on them to see which you like the most.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Sence is OK. The dock on it is the ugliest out. LPP is a great solution for that hideous black phone dial. With the Atrix, blur is not going any where, and is becoming more aimed at the professional, while sence seems to be the more fun UI. Has any one else seen the Atrix and motos accompanying device? Biometrics on blur. I love how fast things change, and something tells me sense 2.0 is also sweet. Go with the masses, or get what you like. That's the best : )

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
@Allen Rulz
Most will probably say they hate blur and prefer sense. I have no problem with blur. Depends on the user. I would go to the store and test out the phones. One thing to keep in mind is if you get into custom roms you can un blur the phone.
Im also coming from a BB Storm. Either with blur or sense ...it will still be 100x better then BBs. Both will feel like a huge improvement.
I agree with Cyber Warrior try em both out. I like HTC sense, but thats me your a differnt person. The X has a locked bootloader so its harder to get a truly custom Rom from what Ive read. Htc seems to me to be a great made phone and one you would like, as is samsung and moto

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
About Locked Bootloaders:

Locked bootloader, hot topic eh? The people concerened about the bootloader, wanting to hack/hijack the phone are so small compared to the "market." I like running custom ROMs and rooting, but I think a locked down/secure device is only going to help Motorola. The large part of smart phone consumers want a secure device because it contains personal data. If the rumor mill is that motorolas devices are cracked and hacked easily, it will hurt their image to the professional. If you want a hackable device look elsewhere. Motorola is only going to lock them down farther. I like it, and the more locked down, the better. I still like having 2 DEVICES, one to crack and have fun with. And one to use so locked down, hackers can't do **** to it.