Why can't I choose how I would like to watch a video online after choosing always once?

A

AC Question

why cant i choose how i would like to watch a video online after chooseing always once

It use to give me a option to watch a video online just once or always.

LucaL

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: why cant i choose how i would like to watch a video online after chooseing always once

It's normal. It lets you choose if you want to use a specific app just once (for that time) or always (every time).

treetopsranch

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: why cant i choose how i would like to watch a video online after chooseing always once

But his subject implies that he chose 'Always' and it didn't work.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

Whatever is actually playing the video needs to have its defaults cleared. So if it's playing embedded in Chrome, then you need to clear the defaults in Chrome. If you told it to always play in an external player, you need to go to that app's settings and clear the defaults. These would be accessed through the phone's app manager, like if you were clearing an app's data or cache.

The down side is it clears all defaults for the app, including any other functions you set to "Always." It's a potential trade off depending on your other defaults, but it works. I have seen a few instances where installing another similar app can reset that one specific default, but it can be hit or miss. If you click a video in Chrome and set it to always use the embedded player, installing another may not work. If you set it to always open in an external player, then installing a different external player may work.