Lost root and cant get root access

kmtm

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy trend plus, and for a while ago received an update to the stock rom (jelly bean) through kies and since then I lost root on my phone. I reinstalled the zip file several times but it hasn't helped. CWM works fine, during the install there comes 3 red lines can't read them as they move fast.
I am not sure whether the new stock rom update has locked something or what else could be the reason. I downloaded the root file several times in case it was corrupted but that didnt help.
I have reinstalled the original stock rom in hope that it will hel to get root access.. but no hope.

Anyone know a way to gain root access again?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a Samsung galaxy trend plus, and for a while ago received an update to the stock rom (jelly bean) through kies and since then I lost root on my phone.
Not exactly. It's the ROM that's rooted. You updated with an unrooted ROM, so your phone isn't rooted.

I am not sure whether the new stock rom update has locked something or what else could be the reason.
The reason is that the stock ROM isn't rooted. (Rooting is adding a single file, su, to the ROM. Running anything through su runs it rooted. The superuser app just replaces Linux' normal method of running an app with root privileges - asking for the root password. You tell the app once that the app is allowed root, and it remembers it. So if a vcirus requests root, and you don't say yes, the virus can't run rooted, and probably can't do any damage. But flash a different ROM and su goes away with the rest of the old ROM, and unless the new ROM has su installed already, no more root until you run a rooting program or app that can work with that version of Android. [Rooting depends on bugs. The phone has to be rooted to root it - Catch 22 - except that there's usually some way to get root just long enough to install su. Once that's done, the phone can be restarted normally and it's rooted. Then the manufacturer or carrier patches that bug and someone has to find one in the new version - which can take many months)

I downloaded the root file several times in case it was corrupted but that didnt help.
Depending on the version of Android you're running, Kingo, iRoot or Towel Root may be able to root it.

kmtm

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Rukbat.... thanks alot, I managed to root the phone with iRoot :)

By the way it hasn't created Superuser file, is it necessary?

Last edited: